Taos Ski Valley is located in Taos County, New Mexico and is the third-highest US City by altitude at 9,321 feet (2,841 m). (wikipedia.org) The Powderhorn Suites & Condominiums is located at 5 Ernie Blake Road, Taos Ski Valley, NM 87525.
When entering Taos Ski Valley (NM State 150):
Follow the signs for all traffic. Continue through the resort parking area and turn right onto Thunderbird Road (Alpine Suites on your right). Turn left onto Ernie Blake Road. The Powderhorn is located 50 yards up the road on the left.
Summer Construction Notice
The Taos Ski Valley Resort continues to receive major upgrades throughout the village which will impact directions, parking and access to facilities.
Please be advised that there will be area construction throughout the resort. Parts of Thunderbird Road, which is the shortest way to reach the Powderhorn, may be closed for vehicles or pedestrians between end of resort parking lot and the pedestrian bridge to plaza. In case of full closure, please access the Powderhorn via Twining Road as follows: when entering Taos Ski Valley, take an immediate left after the TAOS Welcome Sign (Thunderbird Road – upper parking lot). Take a left into Twining Road and follow the road until you hit Ernie Blake Road. Take a sharp right into Ernie Blake Road and proceed the road downwards. The Powderhorn is the second building on your right hand side. Please note that pedestrian access to the Powderhorn via Thunderbird Road coming up Ernie Blake Road might be available during this construction time. Please use caution.
Powderhorn Vacation Rentals and its amenities will not be affected but guests may experience mild inconveniences due to road closures. We apologize for the disruption.
Loading and unloading is available in the Powderhorn carport (limited to 15 min.).
Parking is available in the free parking lot of the resort (directly when entering Taos Ski Valley). You will receive an electronic Parking Permit from us which must be printed out and displayed on your dashboard at all times during your stay. Please park at your own risk and obey all rules and regulations of the resort.
COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICES
- Albuquerque International Sunport – home to 7 major airlines (Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest, United) and offers nonstop flights to 24 major cities.
- Santa Fe Airport – American Airlines flies from Dallas/Fort Worth and Phoenix and United Airlines flies from Denver and Phoenix.
- Taos Regional Airport – currently services private and charter flights and since December 2018 a 30- passenger Dornier 328 turbo-prop high-wing jet commercial flight. Projected service days are Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday with the plane flying Austin/Taos, Taos/Dallas, Dallas/Taos, then Taos/Austin: Fly Taos Air.
- Albuquerque International Sunport → Most major companies operate from the Sunport Car Rental Center.
- Sante Fe Airport → Only Hertz and Avis operate from the airport. Enterprise and Budget are located off the airport.
- Taos Regional Airport → Wheeler Peak Rent a Car | 575-776-4904
Taos Ski Valley Shuttle Service: 800-776-1111 or email@example.com.
Provides daily year-round service to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports. Reservations are required. Please allow 2 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Sante Fe Airport (1.5 hours to/from Town of Taos) and 3 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Albuquerque Sunport (2.5 hours to/from Town of Taos). See Taos Ski Valley Visitor Transportation Services for Shuttle Times and Rates.
Shuttle Service when arriving with Taos Air → Taos Transportation, an affiliate of Taos Air, offers complimentary ground transfers between Taos Regional Airport and Taos Ski Valley. The shuttle will make three stops in Taos Ski Valley.
New Mexico Rail Runner:505-245-RAIL(7245)
Light rail service from Santa Fe to Albuquerque and south to Belen. Shuttle service between Albuquerque Sunport Airport and Rail Runner stations provided by ABQ Ride.
DRIVING DISTANCES / APROX. TIME TO TSV
Albuquerque 150 mi / 2:45
Amarillo 302 mi / 4:30
Austin 764 mi / 12:00
Colorado Springs 230 mi / 3:45
Dallas 682 mi / 10:30
Denver 300 mi / 4:30
Durango 208 mi / 3:15
El Paso 400 mi / 6:00
Oklahoma City 558 mi / 8:15
Phoenix 568 mi / 8:30
Santa Fe 90 mi / 1:30
Tucson 569 mi / 8:30
Resort Plaza Map
Village of Taos Ski Valley Map
Taos Ski Valley Map
Taos Ski Valley Pedestrian/Walking Map
Taos Ski Valley Ski Trail Map
Taos Ski Valley Hiking Trail Map
Taos Ski Valley Bike Trail Map