Directions to The Powderhorn when you enter Taos Ski Valley
Taos Ski Valley is located in Taos County, New Mexico and is the third-highest US City by altitude at 9,321 feet (2,841 m). (wikipedia.org) The Powderhorn Suites & Condominiums is located at 5 Ernie Blake Road, Taos Ski Valley, NM 87525.
Directions when you enter Taos Ski Valley: Follow the signs for all traffic. Continue through the resort parking area and turn right onto Thunderbird Road (shuttle pick-up/drop-off). Turn left onto Ernie Blake Road. The Powderhorn is located 50 yards up the road on the left.
Parking: Complimentary parking is provided in the lot across from The Powderhorn. For your convenience, please park in The Powderhorn carport during check-in, then once you are finished unloading, please park your vehicle in the designated area for Powderhorn guests. You will be provided with a Powderhorn parking pass which must be displayed on the dashboard at all times.
Complimentary Shuttle Services
- A free daily shuttle service [TSV 341 GREEN] connecting Taos, Arroyo Seco and TSV runs from December 15, 2018 to March 30, 2019.
- A free service [380 Night Rider] operates from 6:10 pm to 10:10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays through Taos, El Prado, Arroyo Seco, Valcez to TSV.
- A free Arroyo Seco Dinner shuttle is departing daily from TSV at 5 pm and 7 pm and returns at 7 pm and 9 pm.
- For more information and to download schedule visit www.taosskivalley.com/parking
- Albuquerque International Sunport – home to 7 major airlines (Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest, United) and offers nonstop flights to 24 major cities.
- Santa Fe Airport – American Airlines flies from Dallas/Fort Worth and Phoenix and United Airlines flies from Denver and Phoenix.
- Taos Regional Airport – currently services private and charter flights and since December 2018 a 30- passenger Dornier 328 turbo-prop high-wing jet commercial flight. Projected service days are Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday with the plane flying Austin/Taos, Taos/Dallas, Dallas/Taos, then Taos/Austin: Fly Taos Air.
Car Rental Companies
- Albuquerque International Sunport → Most major companies operate from the Sunport Car Rental Center.
- Sante Fe Airport → Only Hertz and Avis operate from the airport. Enterprise and Budget are located off the airport.
- Taos Regional Airport → Wheeler Peak Rent a Car | 575-776-4904
Airport Shuttle Service
Taos Ski Valley Shuttle Service: 800-776-1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provides daily year-round service to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports. Reservations are required. Please allow 2 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Sante Fe Airport (1.5 hours to/from Town of Taos) and 3 hours between Taos Ski Valley and Albuquerque Sunport (2.5 hours to/from Town of Taos). See Taos Ski Valley Visitor Transportation Services for Shuttle Times and Rates.
Shuttle Service when arriving with Taos Air → Taos Transportation, an affiliate of Taos Air, offers complimentary ground transfers between Taos Regional Airport and Taos Ski Valley. The shuttle will make three stops in Taos Ski Valley.
Public Transportation Services
New Mexico Rail Runner:505-245-RAIL(7245)
Light rail service from Santa Fe to Albuquerque and south to Belen. Shuttle service between Albuquerque Sunport Airport and Rail Runner stations provided by ABQ Ride.
Driving Distances / Approximate Time to Taos Ski Valley
Albuquerque 150 mi / 2:45
Amarillo 302 mi / 4:30
Austin 764 mi / 12:00
Colorado Springs 230 mi / 3:45
Dallas 682 mi / 10:30
Denver 300 mi / 4:30
Durango 208 mi / 3:15
El Paso 400 mi / 6:00
Oklahoma City 558 mi / 8:15
Phoenix 568 mi / 8:30
Santa Fe 90 mi / 1:30
Tucson 569 mi / 8:30
Resort Plaza Map
Village of Taos Ski Valley Map
Taos Ski Valley Map
Taos Ski Valley Pedestrian/Walking Map
Taos Ski Valley Ski Trail Map
Taos Ski Valley Hiking Trail Map
Taos Ski Valley Bike Trail Map